I have a subscription, but the app is blocking me / telling me to join Club Lingumi
Sometimes, Lingumi families have bought a subscription, or are on a trial, but the app tells them to 'join Club Lingumi' or blocks their access. There are two possible reasons for this:
- You bought the subscription with one account, but are logged into another.
- The app is getting confused, and we need to investigate
First, check for (1), and if you're definite it isn't that, we'll help you to fix (2).
How to check which account my subscription is with:
This happens for all sorts of reasons. Sometimes this is because the subscription was bought on the website, but families register new accounts in the app instead of logging in. Sometimes there are typos during registration, so duplicate accounts get created. The steps below should help you to check.
- In the app, go to 'Settings' --> 'Your Account'. Check what the email address written in the 'Email' box is on this page.
- In your inbox for this email address, check if you have an email from Lingumi called something like 'Welcome to Club Lingumi'.
- If you haven't received any 'Welcome'-style emails from us at this inbox, it means you might not have a subscription under that email address.
- If you have a subscription-welcome email, but in another inbox, it probably means you're logged into the wrong account. Did you accidentally register a second account when you first used the app? Try going to 'Settings' --> 'Your Account' --> 'Log Out' and logging in with the other email address.
I've checked everything, and I think it's a problem with my account:
Sometimes, our Lingumi systems become confused, and we have to make small changes in your account manually to make sure they're working properly. If you think this might be useful, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line 'account problem', and tell us:
- Your account email address
- What date you registered, and if it was on the website or in the app
- What has gone wrong / what the app is telling you.